Thursday, October 12, 2006

Where have I been?

Well... on eBay alot for one. I have started to list some of my Tupperware and Stampin Up retired sets on eBay to help defray the cost of a new wheel. And now I'm not sure which one I want to buy. Maybe I do want to go with a wooden wheel... maybe an Ashford Kiwi... we'll see what happens... my auctions are due to end on Saturday afternoon so I'll need to go to Marblehead Fall Festival http://www.visitmarblehead.com/index.asp in the morning to get home on time to watch my items (hopefully) go up, up, up... only have to raise another $250 or so to get a laquered Kiwi from Lucy (www.mindseyeyarns.com). Or... maybe a well-loved Kromski Mazurka from someone in my SnB... hmm... let's see where the auctions fall... if I buy a used wheel, I can always use the other money I make on wonderful fiber... mmm fiber.

Knitting news... ever have one of those times when you just keep ripping the same thing out over and over (even after you have finished it completely) and then just need to knit something quick to just have a "real" finished item? Well, DH's Cashcroft Aran cap is in it's 3rd or 4th attempt - and I had to take a break last night to make a fun roll-brim hat with something called "potluck" from A Yarn Over Marblehead. It was so cute - the colors made me very happy and I did it in 3 hours last night - cast on to cast off! Ahhh... closure on something! I feel better already - it was just what I needed! Then I was back at the darn black hat for DH - and I got a few inches done during Lost and The Nine. Today at lunch I cast on sock #1 (yes, #2 is complete!) of the pair I started back at the racetrack last month so I'm ready to go when I get to our SnB tonight!

Hope to see you there!

No comments: