Saturday, October 14, 2006

I did it!


I purchased my first wheel last night - I say first, because every spinner I have met so far either has several or is about to buy another one... and here she is:

Sorry about the bad picture - but I really, really need to spend some good time just cleaning in my office/craft room - so this was a good as it gets at the moment. Isn't she pretty? Yes, she's a bit used, but not abused - and I think we're going to get along very well - so far so good! Not sure what I'll be doing about the paint yet - but all in good time! She's a Kromski Mazurka - and yes, the wheel does look just like a dress in the dance...

I did get over to Marblehead today for the Fall Festival and saw some really cool things - including Liesel (sp?) and her sock machine - it was so neat! Also, went to the artisan's fair up at Abbott Hall and picked up a few Christmas presents already (OK, I know it's about time to get started). Then, finally to A Yarn Over Marblehead to pick up another skien of the Pot Luck that Jean is almost out of... more fun, bright colors. I'll have pics of my project soon... not quite ready yet. She has been dying some yarn lately - sock yarn (I bought a colorway she's calling Kelp) and some great wool that feels like Malabrigo - I have been resisting, but not sure how much longer I'll be able to. She's doing a great job and coming up with some nice combos.

Well, back to the big buckets of stuff and off to find more things to list on eBay - I want to make some more $$ to spend on fiber...

No comments: