Sunday, October 29, 2006

Franklin County Fiber Twist

Funny how life takes you to places - we were invited to a Halloween party in Greenfield, MA yesterday - and somehow I happened across the information for http://www.fibertwist.com/ this week. Unfortunately, the weather was horrible - nasty rain and driving winds durning the 2 hour drive out west, but eventually we found the Marketplace (we gave up on visiting any farms - way to yucky out there for that!), finally, after seeing the HUGE Yankee Candle main location, and getting all the way to Whately, MA - with only 40 minutes left for them to be selling!

I made a quick run around - not planning on buying too much - although one of the things I had to get was a new sheepskin for the kitties. Morticia, Molly and Oliver love it, Mugsy is a bit skeptical - he never did like having anything "weird" under his feet. It was the last thing that I bought (however, it was the first thing that I saw) and the price was right. I will say, I don't know if I want to share it with them! It is so thick and lovely - a nice white Romney - and it is in all of the pictures below:

First, two dyed Romney's from Whispering Pines Farm (will someone please tell me what to do with these - do I need to card them, or do I just start spinning?) She gave me both for $11 - total of about 13 oz - I think they will look great together - plied, not plied - striped in the knit, not sure yet, but I liked the colors!














Mugsy may not like stepping on it, but he has to check it out!

Then, I found some great Icelandic from Jager Farm Icelandics (http://www.jager-icelandics.com/) that I think would go really well with some Icelandic that was gifted to me (and I really, really liked spinning):















Some really nice dyed Border Leicester from www.sojournersheep.com (looks like the website is under construction, but the colors are WONDERFUL!)
















And, finally the last purchase of the day - was 8 oz of Romney Ewe white roving - this is so beautiful and soft - I can't wait to play with it. It was from the same seller as the sheepskin - Barberic Farm from Shelburne, MA:
















The one thing I didn't get was the light blue alpaca from http://www.cheecheemamook.com/
because it was the end of the day and her stall was packed. They do sell via www.localharvest.com and I'm sure that I'll be headed there soon - it was lovely!

Breakfast time... then a quick trip up to www.absolutelyeverything.com to finish up the Mass-ive Journey and get into the drawing (which I am planning on winning, of course) and then it's back home to make a felted holder for DH's new MP3 player... how many tries will that take?

No comments: