Monday, July 19, 2010

Marinated Goat Cheese

About 2 years ago I was at Shubie's in Marblehead - this place is absolutely chock full of wonderful things - be it wine, kitchen goodies, prepared foods or cheese. I was over at the cheese counter (big surprise!) and I was told that I had to try this Meredith Farm Marinated Feta from Meredith Dairy in Australia. It was amazing! I brought it home and put it in pasta, I put it on a nice baguette, I put it on Melba toast - it was just so wonderful whatever you did with it. You did have to watch out for the peppercorns, but oh my.

Fast forward 2 summers and every time I go to Shubie's I look for it, but haven't seen it in a while. Well, over the weekend at The Kitchn they posted about making marinated goat cheese. Well, tonight, right in line with doing more stuff, I have made some - took some fresh thyme from the deck garden, some nice sliced fresh garlic from the farmer's market across from work and some peppercorns out of my grinder and added some chevre I picked up at Whole Foods and covered it all in some nice EVOO. We'll see how it is later in the week!

Marinated Goat Cheese 07192010

No comments: