Monday, June 15, 2009

Paper Crafting, Really?

Well, vacation is over and I managed to do a few scrapbook pages (nothing exciting, no journaling, no titles, but I did put pictures on paper), about 14 cards after a very inspiring trip to the Heirloom Stamp Show in West Springfield, MA. Now really, did people think we were just going to the Berkshires during the first week of June for the sight-seeing? I did pick up some great stuff - my favorites were from Invoke Arts - including a few unmounted sets and some Luster Rub-Ons. I can't stop using them! Unfortunately, scanned cards don't quite show the loveliness that are Luster Rub-Ons (yes, I have been looking at them for years and never gave them a second thought - until I saw them being used!)

Here are a few samples:


and



Really nice stuff, if you know how to use it! I was also finally introduced to Eclipse Art Masking Tape - amazing stuff! Yes, I am still hopelessly in love with my Twinkling H2Os - and hooray that they are not going away after all! Now, if you have seen my collection, you would think that I'd never really need another color, but...

Well, it wasn't just a paper vacation, but there was a little fiber too - no spinning, but I did finally break out that Vesper Aquamelon and cast on another Chevron Scarf (SO Summery!) and cranked out a Noro Kureyon #149 Booga Bag that I started at noon on Saturday when I finally made it to A Yarn Over Marblehead (Jean we missed you!) and it was removed from the washer (2nd load) at 11:00 Sunday night.

So, yes, I have been a busy crafty girl...

No comments: