Friday, December 05, 2008

Fast ended - quickly, quietly and with an amazing deal...

Well, the day after Thanksgiving I didn't leave the house until 2:00 - no need to face the madding crowds so I didn't. What I did do was head over to Cranberry Fiber Arts in South Hamilton (which, being from there I prefer to refer to as "downtown Hamilton"). Laurie was working and she is only there on Fridays and just how many Fridays do I get to go play? Not many! There was a lovely bulky sweater draped over a chair when I walked in and what does she say to me? "Helen found a bag of that - it's Noro Yoroi - long discontinued - and she put it in the clearance for $6/skein. If you don't take it home, it's going with me." Darn challenge! She gets me every time!

Won't you know (you saw this coming) I grabbed the whole basket and brought it up to the counter... it's mine, all mine! Here's my debate - I really want to knit a pullover, not a cardigan, but I think it'll be too warm. Should I go for the ever-so-popular Einstein Jacket? I think I have enough - and I'm about the only one in my knitting group who hasn't done one (or two or 5)... I might just have to bite the bullet and knit miles and miles of garter stitch for myself. I think I have enough yarn... now I just have to get my hands on the pattern... and with a nice vacation coming up... ugh!

I can't believe it's time for the Bizarre Bazaar this Sunday! Hooray! Guess it's time to start my Christmas shopping (ok, I'm not counting Esty and Amazon purchase!)

No comments: