Saturday, July 19, 2008

Going for it...

Well, looks like we're going to end up getting a manual diesel Jetta - now we just have to be patient (not my strong suit!)

I must say that I love having my own little room with my own little AC! I have spent the afternoon spinning and watching a very cute show Doc Martin on Netflix this afternoon - now I just want to know what happens next! They don't seem to have Season 2 yet. Veronica Mars Season 3 starts shortly... can I say how much I love Netflix?

Off to figure out what to do for dinner - I think I want to do some potatoes on the grill like Mom used to make - only rather than green beans use zucchini... Clean a good sized potato, slice it almost all of the way through in 1/2" slices like a fan. In between each piece, put a slice of onion (vidalia of course!) and zucchini. Wrap the whole thing up in foil, drizzling some salad dressing (preferably Italian) over and close. Put in grill until they're done. Not sure how long that is since I haven't made them in years. Great thing for VERY hot nights like this. It will also give the yummy sausages time to defrost so I can throw them on the grill too.

2 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

Girl, you are NOT lame! That sounds like a delightful afternoon! I did get out for a bit to TJ Maxx but since we have been home we have been pretty UN-productive. Oh well...KEEP COOL! :-)

bockstark.knits said...

Veronica Mars was one of my favorite shows, sucks that it was cancelled. That potato recipe sounds so delicious! MMmmmm....