Here are my answers (updated since it looks like I missed some!):
1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? 2 years - beginner/intermediate.
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? Singles mostly, but some Navajo ply (want to perfect that)
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? both
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? Wool – love BFL, SA Fine, Merino, also like alpaca (blends would be nice). Haven’t tried any plant fibers yet.
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? I think I’m one of Spunky Eclectic’s biggest fans, Lisa Souza, Yarn Wench, Traveling Rhinos (batts are yummy!)
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Maybe some plant fibers.
7. Are there any techniques you would like to learn? Long draw, spinning for a specific size.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? Not yet…
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I have hand cards and a flick carder, would like to try out combs and a diz some time, but I dream of a drum carder.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? Hats, scarves, mittens, want to do a sweater and a vest.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? Spinners card thing? Can’t remember the name of it.
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand? I really like most colors – except neons really. (but I like to drive a Neon)
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? Only have fiber on one a the moment – a nice light blue from Ward Brook Farm in Candia, NH.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? Knitting, stamping, would like to break out my sewing machine one of these days.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? Being happy.
16. Do you have an online wishlist? Amazon.com
17. Is there anything that you collect? Not much – just lots of fiber and fiber tools (OK, then there are the rubber stamp sets, but let’s not go there!)
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? Opinionated Knitter E Zimmermann. I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Spin Off.
19. When is your birthday? February 16
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? Hmm…
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? OH, so melty right now… they are saying 90s for the next few days.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I used to be a DJ in college (actually, I was the music director at my college station…)
favorite painting/picture(link): hmm…
Candy: new fave – dark chocolate peanut m&ms or anything from Lindt
Drink: Coffee or Diet Coke (Caffeine Free)
Movie(s): lately - Iron Man rocked!
TV Show(s): Battlestar, Grey’s Anatomy, 24, The Wire
Book(s): Diana Gabaldon, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Guilty Pleasure(s): Sleeping late and then spending the day in front of the computer watching bad tv on the computer while knitting or spinning.