Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Green Curry Warning

It was going to be totally yummy, it looked great, smelled terrific but then the heat hit. Now I like hot food, but this was over the edge. The hubby actually said that it hurt his mouth - I have to agree with him.



I used a whole can of this:

And chicken, peppers, onion, broccoli, green chick peas (frozen from Trader Joes - I think this may be one of my new favorite legumes!) and a can of light coconut milk.

Next time I think I'll start w/ 2 tablespoons... not the whole 4 oz.!
I hate having to toss yummy food. Oh well.



In other food news, since the recall (and my friend losing both of her cats to it - very, very sad!), we decided to use only this food - http://www.petpromiseinc.com/ and start up a raw food diet. I'm trying to concentrate on the raw food, but with 4 cats it goes pretty fast and I haven't been able to quite get a stash of it in the freezer yet. I also ordered TC Instincts from www.felinefuture.com - you add it to ground raw chicken (I use thighs) and chicken livers. They are LOVING it! I'm just glad that Mom gave me a meat grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid a few years ago. I never even took it out of the box until a few weeks ago. It works like a charm.

I'll be posting my WIPs and Stash later this week (most likely over the weekend) - the contest is only for the Stash, but I'm thinking to add the WIPs as some personal inspiration.

Happy hump day!
Amy

No comments: