Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Questionnaire SP10

WOW! My birthday/SPA weekend has come and gone and I realized I haven’t blogged all month! I’m working on plenty of things – even spent the day with my paper and stamps yesterday. I’ll have pics later. I decided that I wanted to try out this Secret Pal thing – I used to really enjoy doing it w/ stamping, now I think I’ll give it a try w/ knitting.

The Questionnaire - http://secretpal10.blogspot.com/

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Favorite yarns – wool, silk, sock yarn (hand-dyed), I’m “newer” so I’m up for trying anything except “fun yarns” – no eyelash or chenille please.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My Knitpicks Options (basic set) is in the binder, the rest of them are in an old coffee mug and a Tupperware container.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I took a class with a friend last May and have been hooked ever since. I think I am an advanced but courageous beginner.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes.

5. What's your favorite scent? Citrus or Vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, I sure do, but I’m diabetic, so I look for good sugar-free candy (or very small amounts of chocolate – especially Lindt Truffles)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I stamp, spin (started doing that last August – both on my wheel and spindle)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I’m open to anything but country… yes, I can play MP3s. Mostly “alternative” – who knows what that is anymore??? And Celtic.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like all colors – and the brighter the better.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? We’re DINKS w/ 4 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes and yes

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Currently I’m on a sock kick. I have a sweater that I bought the yarn for, but haven’t cast it on yet.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, socks and more socks, a baby poncho – I need to go through my stash and see what else.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Definitely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circulars all the way (unless I’m using DPNs) – bamboo and aluminum.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Unfortunately, no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? A sweater I started last summer. Does it count if I frogged the whole thing?

18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect? Nothing in particular (OK, lots of things - my craft room is very full) – depends upon my mood. (although at the moment it seems like I collect fiber!)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Hmmm… have to think about that. I don’t have any subscriptions to any knitting mags.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Entrelac, cables, how to add more hours to the day!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I sure am. I usually go w/ 60 stitches on 1s. (size 7.5 – 38 in Dansko land)

23. When is your birthday? Just passed – Feb 16th.

No comments: