Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Thanksgiving Meme

I found this at http://caroleknits.knitblog.com/ this morning - here are my answers:

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I like cooking here, but it’s a nice break to just make a few things to bring.

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Haven’t done a fresh bird before, but I’m sure once I try it, I’ll be hooked.

3. What kind of stuffing? Pepperidge Farm with sausage and maybe some apples.

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie. (usually Pumpkin Cheesecake, but not this year - maybe for Christmas)

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Not until they fill up the freezer. Whenever I don't do Thanksgiving myself I kinda miss having them here.

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Green Bean Casserole.

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? Yes, I save the carcass and make soup. Turkey soup is one of the best soups ever.

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? An extra fridge – I like to cook a lot ahead of time and then reheat.

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? Crack of dawn – and then we still end up eating a bit later.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? Pumpkin Cheesecake.

11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house? Can’t think of anything – guess I just wish they wouldn’t bring any negativity with them – check it at the door!

12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? Well, not too much drama – we’re all Yankees so we keep it all inside.

13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Stuffing and gravy and cranberry sauce – both fresh and jellied.

14. What are you thankful for this year? I’m thankful that my sister-in-law and her family are safe after the chemical fire in Danvers yesterday. They live in the effected neighborhood (Riverside Street) and we don't know when they will be able to get back into their home.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I like your meme. BTW, still have lovely, delicious sock yarn here for you.