Saturday, February 19, 2011

FOR TODAY


Outside my window… the snow is melting and the snowbanks are no longer taller than I am

I am thinking… that we will have fun with our nephew Cameron tonight (including a Carvel Ice Cream cake to celebrate my birthday this week)

I am thankful for… the fact that Molly seems to have bounced right back from her surgery and will only need to have her e-collar on for a few more days

From the kitchen… lovely big and fluffy popovers this morning – I definitely did something right!

I am wearing… jeans and a red fleece

I am creating… more Zentangles with my 2 new books Zentangle 4 and Yoga for your Brain and still knitting my Derry Sweater (don't think I'll have it finished by next weekend)

I am going… shopping – to pick up a yummy chicken pot pie for dinner tonight at Ken’s Kickin’ Chicken

I am reading… I just finished Homer’s Odyssey – it was so wonderful – I laughed and cried  

I am hoping… that I find a job soon

I am hearing… the ticking of my little purple Power Puff Girls Clock, the dehumidifier, cars going past the house and Mark’s iPod from upstairs

Around the house… we’re doing a little cleaning for our house guest

One of my favorite things… coffee and weekend breakfasts

A few plans for next week: more interviews (yeah!), lunch with my friend Christina and finally SPA is here! I can’t wait to head out to Freeport, ME!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing…


One of my favorite things to have for lunch is a big bowl of popcorn (yes, with real butter and some nice Fleur de Sel) - and I learned how to cook it PERFECTLY from this post... another "why didn't I know this?" moment.

Once again, as I am learning, I didn't have the oil hot enough when I dumped in the pop corn! I think that making sure the oil is truly hot enough before you put anything into the pan is one of the most important things I've learned this year. Pretty basic, but I have a feeling I'm not the only one challenged with this. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a good trick for knowing when the oil is hot enough, I put two or three corn kernels in the pot with the cover on and let it all heat up until they three go "pop" then I dump in all the corn I want for popping, I know the oil's hot enough then!

Amy Davis-O'Malley said...

Pierre - that is exactly what I learned on the link to The Kitchn. Not sure why no one ever showed that to me? I guess maybe it's because we used Jiffy Pop, an electric popper or a hot air one when I was little. Perfect!